I’m delighted to share this video of my recent conversation with Antonio Lucio at the 2022 BRITE Conference. (Kudos on the program to Matthew Quint, who now leads this conference that I started at Columbia 14 years ago).
Antonio and I had a fascinating and wide-ranging discussion on:
- His career with roles as CMO or Chief Transformation Officer at PepsiCo, Visa, HP, and Facebook.
- His twin passions for marketing, transformation, and diversity and inclusion
- The difference between the CMO role in consumer goods vs. technology companies (Brand vs. Product mindset)
- The growing importance of trust to brand equity
- The four ingredients of every successful leader (capability, community, mentors, sponsorship)
- His own efforts to nurture a diverse next generation of marketing leaders
- Lessons from his own life’s journey on mental health and the importance of community to growth
Antonio was generous, and incredibly thoughtful, in sharing from his own experience. I hope that you enjoy the video!